Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Thursday 5 September 2013

Inaugural Stream

Well I did it finally. I started streaming. Wow is it nerve racking but I am sure I will get use to it as time goes on. In this stream I discussed what and where I would like to take you all on our journey into fiber, textile and mixed media.
I hope to get the notes up regarding proportion of the human head I promised from the stream later this week. Below are just some quick notes from the stream to carry on with.

Remember
  1. Try to keep a book where you spend 5 to 10 min a day (NO longer) sketching or writing down your ideas in.
  2. Draw one face a day in your book. The more you draw the easier it becomes.
  3. Start collecting pictures of faces, eyes, mouths, and noses even hairstyles. These will help you along the way.
  4. Make templates if needed. 
  5. Do NOT throw anything out even what you consider failures. It is amazing when you look back at how far you have come. Also these pieces can become the foundation to build onto by cutting, slashing or stitching etc therefore making that failure into a whole new artwork.
  6. Make sure you are relaxed and have the time to draw. Have fun!!!!
For those who missed the stream here is a link to the recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment