Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Thursday 29 August 2013

First Post and First Stream!!!

First up I would like to welcome you all to Made with Mojo.  What will this blog be about? Well all sorts of textile, fiber and mixed media ramblings. Over the coming months I am hoping to take you on a journey into the world of Fiber and Textile Art and Mixed Media.
For many years I have had a fascination with the number of fibers, mediums, products and techniques that have become available to us as artists.
These have given way to an unlimited spectrum of possibilities to add a whole new layer to our art.
I have dabbled in many an art and craft over the last 20 years or so but find my passion lies in the use of fibers, fabrics and mixed media. I love manipulating items to create new textured surfaces to work on and create new and interesting ways to combine my passion with other media like paper, paint, stencils, stamps etc.
For many a sewing machine is something you pull out to hem trousers on. Many artisans do not see it as another tool to be added to their arsenal.  From cardmakers, scrapbookers or people involved in traditional art and sewing etc., over the next few months I hope to take you out of your comfort zones if you follow along and open up a whole new world and into places you dared not tread.
Along with our sewing machine and items used with a sewing machine we will also be taking trips into the man cave, laundry, kitchen and garden to source items that will enable us to create some unique pieces and help us learn a variety of new techniques.
So if this sounds like you and you think your nerves can handle it jump aboard and take the bus with me on a journey into the world of fiber, textile and mixed media arts.

First Stream

Well today I was meant to start with my first stream but unfortunately I woke up to very bad thunderstorms and my net has been very unreliable at the moment. I was going to cancel all together but my dear friend Ozegran (Jen) had me feeling awful and so I decided to attempt a stream later in the afternoon. This stream will be more of a practice to get my settings set up and the stream will just be an ad hoc stream. I thought the main thing I might go through is How to Draw faces using a given and easy formula so any of you can draw faces for the upcoming projects. If this scares you don't be as I have a fool proof method that even a child can follow if all else fails.
Under normal situations I am thinking that I will stream on Thursday 11am to 1pm AEST. I will confirm the times prior to my next stream.  I live in Australia so unfortunately my times may not be suitable for all but I will record so you can still join in.
Today however we will go with the flow and I will post on twitter when I am ready to start.
I have chosen to go with Spreecast as my preferred method of streaming as I believe there will be less problems for those with lower connection speeds and the chat. This may change as time goes on.
As I am a bit pedantic under normal situations I will be listing a product list for those who want to follow along and try the technique/project during the recording or at a later date. Along with product lists sometimes I will be posting up other reading materials and information sheets. If there is something that you will need for the recording I will make this known in advance.


6 comments:

  1. Charley! This is great. I am so pleased and happy that you will be sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on both the new blog and streaming ..... I hope you saved it and also what is the stream name so i can be there cheering you on ......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on taking this step - I can't wait to see what you have to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Charley. Your stream was awesome and I can't wait for the next one. Love that you are blogging too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok i guess i am really slow but how can i find your streams....?????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Harriet, Sorry I took so long to get back but I had some real life issues to deal with so was away. At the moment I am streaming on Spreecast here http://www.spreecast.com/channels/made-with-mojo

    ReplyDelete